JustGiving deducts a 4.5% service fee and payment processing fees from each donation made through the site. In return we help people raise more money, more efficiently.
By leaving the costly and time-consuming stuff to us, your organisation can spend more time and energy on what they do best - changing more lives.
How does it work on a typical AUS$10.00?
- Someone donates $10 to their friend's fundraising page or direct to your charity
- This gets settled into the JustGiving Charity Trust Fund and we deduct the following fees
- Our platform fee of 4.5% (on a $10 donation this would be $0.45)
- A payment processing fee of 1.75% + $0.30 is deducted (on a $10 donation this would be $0.48) – This is the same rate no matter the payment type eg; PayPal, Visa, Mastercard, AMEX, Wallets (Apple Pay, Google Pay)
- GST on the donation fee 10% x $0.45 = $0.05 + 10% of the processing fee 10% x $0.48 = $0.05
- Their $10 donation becomes $8.97 and gets transferred to you in your fortnightly payment from JustGiving
(Please note, if the donation comes from any other currency then the processing fee in step 4 is 2.9%. If the donation currency is different to the currency of which the donors bank account is held then the card holder will incur an additional cost by their bank as a conversion cost, this is not done by JustGiving and this fee is variable across banks i.e. If my bank account is in GBP and I make a donation to a charity in AUD then I will incur a conversion cost however the charity will still only be charged the AUD transaction fee of 1.75% + $0.30 + GST and 4.5% JG fee + GST)