How does it work for a typical CAD $10.00 donation?
- Someone donates $10 to their friend's fundraising page or direct to your charity
- It gets paid into the JustGiving Charity Trust Fund and we deduct the following fees
- Our payment partners, WorldPay, Braintree or Paypal, deduct a processing fee of 2.9% (on a $10 donation this would be $0.29)
- We deduct our 5% fee on the donation (on a $10 donation this would be $0.50)
- Their $10 donation becomes $9.26 and gets transferred to you in your monthly payment from JustGiving
(Please note, if the donation currency is different to the currency of which the donors bank account is held then the card holder will incur an additional cost by their bank as a conversion cost, this is not done by JustGiving and this fee is variable across banks i.e. If my bank account is in GBP and I make a donation to a charity in Canadian dollars then I will incur a conversion cost, however the charity will still only be charged the Canadian dollar transaction fee of 2.9% and 5% JG fee.)