If you're in the UK, you can encourage your supporters to donate monthly to your charity by adding a 'Set up a Direct Debit' button to your website. They look like this:
How can I add a 'Set up a Direct Debit' button to our website?
Follow these steps below:
- Log in to your charity account.
- Click on Fundraising and select Buttons.
- Click on the button you want to add.
- The HTML code for the button will appear in the box to the right, under Step 2. You or your web manager will then need to add this code to your website.
- Click Copy if you'd like to add the HTML directly to your website yourself. The information will be saved to your clipboard and can then be pasted directly into your charity's website. You can also opt to add an email address so you can send the code directly to your web manager or whoever updates your website.
- When your supporters click on the button, they'll be directed to your donate page on JustGiving, for example justgiving.com/macmillan/Donate
- If you want to direct supporters to a different page, you can edit the HTML code to include an alternative web address.
To encourage your supporters to make a one-off donation to your charity read our articles on Adding a Donate Box to your website and Adding a Donate button to your website.