Donation Boost is a feature on our donation flow that enables anyone donating to your charity on JustGiving to top-up their donation by 5% to cover the platform costs of online fundraising.
That means more of their donation goes to your cause and you raise more money.
If your organisation isn't included in our voluntary contribution scheme, your donors will be able to use our Donation Boost feature.
How will it work on a £20 donation eligible for Gift Aid?
For every £20 donated, your charity will raise £1 more, thanks to Donation Boost. Here's how it works:
- Someone donates £20.00 to their friend's fundraising page, or direct to your charity, and chooses to add Donation Boost. This adds a 5% (£1.00) charge on top of their donation, which covers your charity's platform fees on JustGiving.
- We deduct our payment partners' processing fees on the £20 donation, along with the Donation Boost charge, and send the rest to your charity that week.
- We add 25% to their £20 donation by reclaiming Gift Aid from the government - it usually takes about a month. We then deduct our 5% Gift Aid admin fee and automatically send the rest over to the charity.
- So for every £20.00 donated that is eligible for Gift Aid, your charity gets £24.50.
How will these fees and their breakdown be represented in my reports?
- The value in the JustGiving Transaction Fee Rate column will = 0%
- The value in the JustGiving Transaction Fee Amount column will = 0
- The value in the Commission Partner column will = Donor
Are payment processing fees included? Can our donors cover these costs too?
Payment processing fees are not included in Donation Boost and will continue to be deducted from your donations.
Is the 5% admin fee on Gift Aid collection also included? Can our donors cover these costs too?
The Gift Aid admin fees are not included in Donation Boost and will continue to be deducted from your Gift Aid payment.