How are refunds processed?
What's a donation refund report?
Your donation refund report shows you all the information you need to know about the donations made to your charity on JustGiving, but have since been refunded at the donor’s request, over a certain time period.
How do I create a Donation refund report:
- Log in to your charity account.
- Go to the Reports tab and click Donation refund report.
- Click Create donation refund report.
- Choose a time frame for your report. You may want to run a report for all donations received in the last 7 or 30 days that have been made and then refunded.
- Select Add or remove columns to choose what information is included in your report.
- Click Generate report or Save template for future use
- You can then download your donation refund report
What data is in the report?
The spreadsheet attached explains what's included in each column of the donation refund report.
How do I view refunds for donations made directly to our charity?
If you only want to see the refunds relating to donations made directly to your charity, firstly, download your donation refund report into Excel. Then filter the data in the Fundraiser User ID column, to show only those with a zero or blank ID value. Donation refunds with no value in this column have been made directly to your charity.
How do I view refunds for donations made to fundraising pages supporting our charity?
If you only want to see the refunds for donations made to a fundraising page, firstly, download your donation refund report into Excel, then filter the data in the Fundraiser User ID column to show only those with an ID value. Donations refunds with a value in this column have been made to a fundraising page. The Fundraising Page URL column will give you the URL of that fundraising page.
Why are some refunds available in my payment report and others are not?
If a donation is refunded before the payment report is generated, the donation and the subsequent refund are not included in a payment report.
If a donation is refunded after the donation has been included in a payment report, the donation and the subsequent refund are included in the payment report.
In both instances, the donation, once refunded, would no longer appear in the donation report but will be available in the donation refund report.