Having your own log in to JustGiving means you can instantly access our tools when you need them and personalise the comms you receive from us.
There's no limit on the number of users who can have a log in, so anyone at your charity who needs one, can get one.
How do I add a new account user?
It's really easy to add a new account user. Just ask the JustGiving administrator at your charity to create a log in for you. Not sure who your administrator is? Contact us and we'll let you know.
- Log in to your charity account.
- Go to the Branding & settings tab:
- Under 'User settings', click 'Create & manage users':
- Under 'Create a new user', add the name and email address of the person you'd like to add and select whether they will be a basic user or an administrator. You can also select their account permissions here too.
- Click 'Create User' when you're finished. Your new user has now been added, we'll send them an email as well to let them know and prompt them to create a password.
What's the difference between an 'administrator' and a 'basic' user?
There are two levels of account access – administrator and basic. The table below shows a few key features of each level:
Only administrators can set up a colleague as an account user and they control which of the below account features their colleague is able to view:
- Reports – gives users access to all your payment, direct donation and fundraising page reports.
- Fundraising tools – lets users add events, start text donation campaigns, add buttons and donation prompts.
- Branding– lets users change your logo, description and thank-you messages.
- Custom codes – lets users add codes to your fundraising pages and events.
How do we know whether an existing user account is administrator or basic?
You can see a list of all users within your charity account. When logged in, click on 'Branding & settings' then select 'Create & manage users'. You'll see the list on this page and each user will have a 'User type' assigned as either basic or administrator.
What if all of the administrators on the account have left the charity?
Contact us and let us know who should be your new administrator at your charity. We’ll then create their log-in and send them the details.
How do I delete a user account?
Clicking here will expand the view beneath that user's details.
To delete the user click on the check box by the 'Delete User' button, then click 'Delete User' and then 'Save changes'.
When a user account is deleted, an email will be sent to that user to let them know – we do this in case an account is deleted incorrectly or accidentally.
What if a basic user comes up with a restricted access notice?
This will only happen if a basic user tries to access an area of the account that they do not have permission to view. In these cases, they should contact their account administrator to have those rights added.
For the administrator, all they need to do is tick the relevant box next to that user’s details on the account. The point above shows how to access the area where you can tick the relevant boxes.
What can’t be updated by an administrator from within the account?
The following updates can only be made by JustGiving: