What's a donation report?
Your donation report shows you all the information you need to know about the donations made to your charity on JustGiving over a certain time period.
How do I create a donation report?
- Log in to your charity account.
- Go to the Reports tab and click Donation reports.
- Click Download to view one of your charity’s saved report templates. Click the icon for a summary of what’s included in the report.
How to create and save your own report template:
- You can also click the icon to edit an existing template or the icon to copy an existing template which you can then make changes to.
- Choose the data you want to include in your report, start with a time frame for your report. You may want to run a report for all donations received in the last 7 or 30 days.
- Select Add or remove columns to choose what information is contained in your report.
- Put a tick next to the column title that you want to see in your report
- Click the icon for a column definition
- Select continue once you are happy with the columns you have chosen.
- If you want to rename a column click the icon
- Click and drag the icon to change a column position
- Click Generate report or Save template for future use
- You can then download your donation report
You can view a full donation report at any time by clicking Reset report to return all original columns.
To delete a saved report template click the icon.
What data is in the report?
How do I view donations made directly to our charity?
If you only want to see the donations made directly to your charity, firstly, download your donation report into Excel. Then filter the data in column 'A', Fundraiser User ID, to show only those with a zero or blank ID value. Donations with no value in column 'A' have been made directly to your charity.
How do I view donations made to fundraising pages supporting our charity?
If you only want to see the donations made to a fundraising page, firstly, download your donation report into Excel, then filter the data in column 'A' (Fundraiser User ID) to show only those with an ID value. Donations with a value in column 'A' have been to a fundraising page. Column 'F' (Fundraising Page URL) will give you the URL of that fundraising page.
Why are some of the donations made to our charity marked as pending?
If a donation is made in a different currency to the one we pay you in, it will take up to seven days to show up in your reports while we convert it. We’ll mark these donations as Pending.
Where do I find Funeral Zone donations?
Funeral Zone donations can be identified by looking at the Third Party Reference column in your report, 'Funeral Zone' will be populated in this column when relevant.
Where can I find information about a specific donation?
To find out information about a specific donation:
- Log in to your charity account.
- Go to the Quick search box and choose to search for a Donation reference
- Enter the donation reference number, leaving out the D (e.g. 7654321), in the Quick search box and click Search.
- On the next page you’ll see the details of that specific donation. To see when we paid this money to your charity, check the Payment reference column to see the reference number of the payment report the donation appears in.
- If you see Awaiting payment in this column, this means you haven't received that donation yet. But don’t worry, it will appear in one of your next payments from us.