We have moved!

Please visit our new Help Center at justgiving-charitysupport.zendesk.com

Can I still join if I don't have a Gift Aid number? (UK only)

You sure can!

To sign up to JustGiving's Start or Grow Plans you either need a charity registration number or a Gift Aid number. If you've got both then even better!

Just enter 'Pending' or 'X' in the 'Gift Aid number' box in the online registration and carry on with your application as normal. 

If you haven't got a Gift Aid number already, it's definitely something worth thinking about. Did you know that with a Gift Aid number you can claim 25% on all UK taxpayer donations?

How do I get a Gift Aid number?

Unfortunately, we can't apply for a Gift Aid number on your behalf, so this is something that you'll have to do yourself.

Get in touch with HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) and they'll guide you through the process of applying for a Gift Aid number. You can call them on 0300 123 1073 or head to their website for more information on how to apply.

It's worth noting we can't retrospectively claim Gift Aid on past donations. So as soon as you've received your Gift Aid number from HMRC, email it to us and we'll start claiming Gift Aid for donations made on JustGiving from that date onwards.

You can find out more about where to get your hands on one and how to fill it in, by checking out our FAQ 'How do I make JustGiving my Gift Aid agent? (UK only)'.

Was this article helpful?
1 out of 1 found this helpful