What are your fees?
* The START plan is currently only available to charities new to JustGiving joining after 17th November 2016
How does it work on a £20 donation?
- Someone donates £20.00 to their friend's fundraising page or direct to your charity. We deduct our 5% fee* along with any card charges from our payment partners, and send the rest to your charity that week.
- We add 25% to their £20 donation by reclaiming Gift Aid from the government - it usually takes about a month. We then deduct our 5% Gift Aid admin fee and automatically send the rest over to your charity.
- So for every £20.00 donated that is eligible for Gift Aid, your charity gets £23.50.
Here's how it works in a bit more detail:
Donation + £20.00
5% platform fee deducted* - £1.00
1.25% card-processing fee deducted** - 25p
YOUR CHARITY RECEIVES £18.75
25% Gift Aid added + £5.00
5% Gift Aid admin fee deducted - 25p
YOUR CHARITY RECEIVES £4.75
TOTAL RECEIVED £23.50
(Total cost £1.50)
* We give donors the option to top-up their donation by 5% to cover this cost. Find out more here
** Charges vary depending on whether a donor uses a debit or credit card (1.25%) or PayPal UK (1.45%)
What are your standard payment processing fees?
For donations made in pounds sterling, our payment processing partners deduct the following processing fees:
- Credit and debit cards - 1.25% (we accept Visa, Visa Electron, Delta, Mastercard, Maestro and American Express)
- Paypal UK - 1.45%
If the donation is made in another currency, then the processing fee is amended to 2.90%
How can I sign up?