How does it work on a typical AUS$10.00?
- Someone donates $10 to their friend's fundraising page or direct to your charity
- It gets paid into the JustGiving Charity Trust Fund and we deduct the following fees
- Our payment partners, WorldPay, Braintree or Paypal, deduct a processing fee of 1.65% (on a $10 donation this would be $0.17)
- We deduct our 5% fee on the donation (on a $10 donation this would be $0.50)
- We deduct the GST on the donation which is 10% of our 5% fee + 10% of the 1.65% processing fee = $0.07
- Their $10 donation becomes $9.26 and gets transferred to you in your fortnightly payment from JustGiving
(Please note, if the donation comes from any other currency then the processing fee in step 2 is 2.9%. If the donation currency is different to the currency of which the donors bank account is held then the card holder will incur an additional cost by their bank as a conversion cost, this is not done by JustGiving and this fee is variable across banks i.e. If my bank account is in GBP and I make a donation to a charity in AUD then I will incur a conversion cost however the charity will still only be charged the AUD transaction fee of 1.65% + GST and +5% JG fee + GST.