Getting people to fundraise for your Campaigns, as well as donate, is a great way to crowdfund your appeals and projects. By sharing their fundraising story, people fundraising for your cause can help you get even more supporters for your Campaign, as they'll spread awareness of your appeal AND raise money.
How does it work?
- Follow these steps to set-up your Campaign Page and then tick the Yes toggle under the Fundraising pages section to allow fundraisers to connect their Fundraising pages to your Campaign.
- Publicise your Campaign Page and encourage people to get involved
- Supporters will visit your Campaign Page and click Fundraise for this campaign
- They'll create a Fundraising Page connected to your Campaign and share it with their friends.
- Their friends will donate to the Fundraising Page and learn about your charity’s Campaign. All the donations to the Fundraising Page contribute to the total shown on your Campaign Page.
We created a Campaign Page before this feature was launched. Can our supporters now fundraise for our Campaign?
Yes, to activate this feature just follow these simple steps:
- Log in to your charity account
- Go to Events & Widgets and click on View existing Campaigns
- From the Actions drop down select Edit Campaign
- Tick the Yes button under the Fundraising Page section when asked 'Allow fundraisers to connect their fundraising pages to your Campaign?'
Can people with existing Fundraising Pages link them to our Campaign Page?
Unfortunately, fundraisers will not be able to link their pages retrospectively to your Campaign. You as a charity are able to to do this by following the instructions in our 'Can I link Fundraising pages to a Campaign Page?' help article.